Tips For Reducing Exam Fear, Stress and Anxiety
At some point in our lives, we all have experienced exam fear. The factors like peer and family pressure, parents’ expectations and ever-increasing competition results in unwanted stress and anxiety.
There are students who commit suicide just because of exam stress. Exam fear and exam anxiety are things that are common among students of all age groups. Some are capable of handling exam fear and stress while some fall prey to exam stress and go to depression.
Here are some useful tips to overcome Exam Fear, Stress and Anxiety :
1. The best way to study is usually in short periods and build your timetable in such a manner that you keep some time for relaxation.
2. Make a proper study timetable and stick to it. Start planning it well before the exams begin. Don’t leave revision to the last minute.
3. Prepare a revision timetable and set out what topics, subjects you want to cover each day.
4. Don’t leave your revision for the last hours.
5. Have a balanced diet. Make sure that you always eat breakfast otherwise; you will feel restless and out of energy throughout the day. You can only concentrate properly when you are physically and mentally fine.
7. Read the whole exam paper before starting the exam as that will give you an idea of how much time you will need for each question.
8. Always ask for help if there are things you don’t understand, and especially if you are feeling, stressed out.
9. Finally, never forget that there is life after revision and exams.
10. Try to be cool during exams.