Based on the data that is provided the student has to verify whether the question can be answered. The questions in this section are of the type: Selection of a candidate / allotment to a member.
Q. Following are the criteria for selecting a marketing officer by a company.
The candidate must :
(1) be a graduate with at least 50% marks.
(2) have secured at least 40% marks in the written test.
(3) not be less than 24 years and more than 29 years as on 10th October, 1997.
(4) should have work experience of at least two years as an officer.
However, if a candidate :
(5) fulfills all other criteria except at (4) above but has a diploma in Marketing Management, his/her case is to be referred to General Manager, Marketing.
(6) fulfills all other criteria except at (3) above but has worked as Marketing Officer at least for three years, his/her case is to be referred to Director, Marketing.
Based on the above criteria and the information given in each of the following questions, you have to take the decision in regard to each case. You are not to assume anything. These cases are given to you as on 10th October, 1997.
Mark answer (a) if the candidate is to be appointed; mark answer (b) if the candidate is not to be appointed; mark answer (c) if the data given are not sufficient to take decision; mark answer (d) if to be referred to General Manager — Marketing; and mark answer (e) if to be referred to Director — Marketing.
1. Amit Khanna, born on 5th June, 1973, has done his post-graduation in Marketing Management with first class. He has secured 50% marks in the written test. He has been working in an organization as a Marketing Officer for the last four years.
2. Rohit Verma has been working in an organization as Officer for the last ten years. His date of birth is 17th February, 1964. He has secured 60% marks in the degree examination and 40% marks in the written test.
A. Age criteria not met but no mention of work experience as marketing officer for 3 years so data insufficient.
3. Manju Sharma is a first class graduate and has done a diploma in Marketing Management. She has secured 50% marks in the written test. She was 23 years old as on 5th September, 1996.
A. Refer to General manager - marketing
4. Nitin Narang was born on 25th August, 1975. He has secured 60% and 50% marks in graduation and in the written test, respectively. He has been working in an organization as Officer for the last four years.
A. Doesn't satisfy age criteria and the so needs 3 years experience as marketing officer in an organization which isn't mentioned so insufficient data.
5. Suman Malhotra is a graduate with first class and has secured 60% marks in the written test. She has been working as an Officer for the last three years. She was born on 20th May, 1972.
You are asked to advise a client on a business decision. The client wants to open a training center for training high school teachers, college teachers and professional courses teachers. The cost involved in setting up such a venture are as follows: - For high school training ( Rs.2 lakh per annum and Rs. 1000 per candidate), for high school and college teachers ( Rs. 3.2 lakh per year and rs. 750 per candidate) and for all three (Rs. 5 lakh per year and Rs. 500 per candidate)
Q.For how many candidates shall the training center incur same cost for training high school and high school and college teachers.
Q.For how many candidates shall the training center incur same cost for training high school, college and professional teachers and high school and college teachers.
Q.For how many candidates shall the training center incur same cost for training high school and all three teachers.
Q.What is profit or loss if the client sets up training center for all three teachers and charges Rs. 1250 per candidate in first year.
Q.What is profit % in first year for above case.
1/5th of India's population and 1/3rd of India's illiterates live in bihar and Odisa. 1/10 of infants die at birth and same number before 5 years of age. More than 2/3rds of births are not attended by medical staff. Almost 90% of under 5 deaths are due to malnutrition. Those who survive the first five years, 1/3 rd of those work as child laborers and half the rest go to school. Only 40% of those reach 5th standard. India has 30% of its children under 16 working as child laborers. Odisa and bihar have 1/3rd of Indias child laborers and 1/15th of India's population is of child laborers. In Odisa and bihar out of 100 children enrolled in schools only 32 are girls. And out of 100 who attend 10th only 10 are girls. 38/100 Indian women are lierate compared to 57% males. 90 crore was Indias population in 1998 and girl to boy ratio ws 9:10.
Q.What % of infants in odisa and bihar attend class 5.
Q.What is the number of child laborers in India in 1998
Q.How many children out of 100 work as child laborers in odisa and bihar
Q.What % of girl children enrolled in school reach std 10 in odisa and bihar
Q.1998 data says literates in kerela exceeded those in odisa and bihar by
Q.1998 data says literates in India are
Q.1998 data says illiterates in Odisa and bihar is
|3-27||4- data insufficient|
|5- insufficient||6- 43.2 crore|